Re: Switching to graphical installer by default?

Quoting Bob Proulx (bob@proulx.com):
> Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Also, is there anyone aware of any reasons against switching to
> > graphical installer by default?
>
> Can I at least say that I don't like the mouse installer and much
> prefer the standard keyboard one?
>
> I don't have any issues with it.  I just don't like it.

We expect many people to feel the same, indeed. However, we have one
big argument to make graphical installer the default : wider
localization as this is the one that supports more languages.

As of now, users of these languages had to figure out that they need
to choose "Graphical install" from an English-speaking menu to get
their language supported.

On the other hand, we actually expect those people who prefer the
text-based installer to easily find that the only action they have to
do is hitting the "down" key, then "Enter" when the installer boot
menu shows up.