Re: Remaining pending changes in master branches of D-I packages (as of Dec 31st)

Hello Christian,

thanks again.

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (31/12/2012):
> yaboot-installer:
>
>  - need more review. Cyril might do it after being done with other packages

Still true.

> debian-installer-netboot-images:
>
>  - wait RC1 release, then upload

ACK.

> grub-installer:

See subthread.

> rootskel-gtk:
>
>   * Revert passing -terminate to the X server, to unbreak theme=dark.  As long
>     as the graphical installer is not the default, brltty not being able to
>     nicely shut Xorg down is less required than a working graphical dark
>     theme. Closes: #696968.
>
>   --> I feel like an upload before RC1 would be nice

See subthread.

> flash-kernel:
>
>   * Move u-boot-tools to Depends so that the mkimage program
>     is available. This will allow installing the kernel on Linkstation
>     Pro/Live. Closes: #693839
>
>   --> fixes an RC bug. Upload?

Nope, see Martin's answer:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2013/01/msg00029.html

> console-setup:
>
>    * Keyboard/xmlreader: Register the hwList tag as an ignored one, just
>      like vendor is ignored already, which lets us get rid of a spurious
>      warning in the build log (thanks, Holger & jenkins). Closes: #696754.
>
>   --> another issue might have need an upload (#696773 vs. #694156)
>       but has been dealt with in finish-install

Was uploaded by Anton. Need to review the changes, the changelog isn't
exactly explicit… Too bad 1.89 hadn't have time to migrate before.

> lowmem:
>
>   * Increase lowmem limit for kfreebsd, to make sure we have enough memory to
>     manage ZFS volumes.
>
>   --> seems fairly safe. Either we want it for RC1, then I upload and
>       Kibi requests for another unblock or we keep it for RC2
>      and I upload only after 1.37 enters testing

1.37 is in testing, and ACK for upload.

Mraw,
KiBi.