Re: d-i manual (Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins)

Hi Holger,

On Sonntag, 25. November 2012, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Ok, you are right. There were additional warnings, but not in _that_
> language that I checked.
>
> 1. for da and nn there were warnings about not existing entity files.
> I have added empty entity files to avoid that warnings.

there are still some warnings left, which you fixed in some languages already:

the hurd-i386-'reference to non-existent ID "boot-usb-files"' problem still exists in:

http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_fr_pdf/3/parsed_console/?
http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_it_pdf/3/parsed_console/?
http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_ca_pdf/3/parsed_console/?
http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_pt_BR_pdf/3/parsed_console/?

> 2. in el I found this:
> Warning: pdf and ps formats are currently not supported for Chinese, Greek,
> Japanese and Vietnamese
> Info: The following formats were skipped: pdf
> So, remove them from the build jobs.

I haven't, because then I would have needed to special case these in my d-i_check_jenkins_jobs job, and I dont want
to special case anything if possible.

Instead this warning is now being ignored (via logparse/debian-installer.rules) and an empty dummy.pdf is created by
the build job, if no pdf is produced. (So that the artifact publishing doesnt fail.) So these jobs basically do
nothing, but they do it successfully ;-)

> 3. In de.html I found:
>
> Building in workspace /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/d-i_manual_de_html/workspace
> Updating svn://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk to revision
> '2012-11-19T20:31:15.498 +0000' U         manual/en/boot-installer/x86.xml
> U         manual/de/boot-installer/x86.xml
> U         manual/po/da/boot-installer.po
> U         packages/po/sublevel6/mr.po
>
> Why do you checkout the packages/po/sublevelX/xx.po ?

good question ;-) I've just checked and indeed I should checkout trunk/manual only.
(But those other directories are ignored for triggering...)

4. http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_tl_html/4/parsed_console/? and the basque translation is
also buggy, but besides that, http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/ looks really good now!

cheers,
	Holger