Re: Experience and problems in installing wheezy b-4

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun 25 Nov 2012 at 19:46:58 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

Hello L V Gandhi,

> Sorry for the error.
> Attached wheezy installer syslog. However this syslog is from my last
> attempt in which I did not select debian desktop as task option.

Your very first mail in this thread described three issues. The first
two were dealt with quite quickly and do not appear to involve any
misbehaviour in the installer or the ISO you downloaded. Indeed, the
syslog you provided shows wlan0 being set up correctly for your Wheezy
install.

The third problem is the important one. A KDE ISO giving you a GNOME
desktop is unexpected. We now realise you are booting with UEFI and work
in this area is still in progress.

I think we have gone as far as we can to address your problems at this
stage. Thanks to your report another bug is in the process of being
fixed. The result may be in the next version of the KDE ISO. We hope
you can find the time to test it when it is released.

Thanks.

--
L V Gandhi