Re: Experience and problems in installing wheezy b-4

On Sat 24 Nov 2012 at 19:59:51 +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:

> I have tested the i386 beta4 kde-CD1 on a virtualbox machine, and I had no
> problems at all!
> KDE was installed in these both situations: when installing without mirror
> (only from CD) and when installing with a network mirror.
> And KDE is running fine after both installations.
>
> We have a similar report #692054 (xfce-CD not installing xfce), which was
> also USB booted and which was also amd64.
> And in both situations the problem wasn't reproducible with the respective
> i386 image on an i386 virtualbox.
> Is there a chance that the amd64 differ from the i386 ones?

I have just finished using amd64 kde-CD Binary-1 20121117-20:30 with a
network mirror. The install was done directly to the machine. KDE was
installed. Some GNOME related packages were pulled in, but I'd guess it
is because part of KDE needs them.

I'm attaching the part of my syslog showing what D-I downloads from the
net. L V might find it useful as a comparison with what is in his. (Do
ALT F2 for a console. Then 'more /var/log/syslog'. Or use the 'Save
debug logs' item in the main menu).