Dual Boot.

Hello,

I've made a few attempts to install the weekly build (August 22nd, netinstall, Wheezy) onto a machine and same drive as an XP install.
I know it can be done as I did it in the dim past when I was making the switch from Microsoft.

However, as the partitioning stage shows no sign of recognising the Windows (NTFS) partition, although it recognises the fact that it's NTFS, it shows every stage of wiping it in the formatting stage. I've tried both the manual and guided options to see if the install would pick the Windows partition up, but no go.

I've checked out the FAQ and the list archive to see if there's any mention, but there isn't anything of note.
There's nothing wrong with the disc as I did a new install onto an old laptop - HP Compaq nx6120 - which went as sweet as a dream.
What have I forgotten or done wrong?

I'd rather do without it, but I'm doing all these courses that are supposed to be done on M$ software - I got high praise for my work on the 'Word' module that I did completely on LibreOffice Writer and Draw - quote - This should be kept as an example of how it's supposed to be done' - unquote, but the next one is Microsoft Project, which rides on Microsoft software and all in class so I can't get away with anything.

I still need to convert the whole course over onto free software once I've finished it.
Thanks for any time and trouble.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,