Re: Debian Events Package

Hi there!

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:32:01 +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Am 19.07.2011 23:38, schrieb Luca Capello:
>
>> This will also means that I have created some new pages:
>>   <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsPackage>
>>
>> Discussions should continue on this list, please simply reply to this
>> email and change the subject.  I will continue implementing the ideas
>> there while discussing with people here :-)
>
> Stuff I usually do with a Demo-Box:

Added to the wiki page, thank you:

  <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsBox?action=diff&rev1=9&rev2=10>

>  * Install OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice.
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^
I removed OO.o because of:

  <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/%3c20110623212730.GA3526%40melusine.alphascorpii.net%3e>

>  * Install virtualbox and in it a babelbox.
             ^^^^^^^^^^
Is there a reason why not libvirt + QEMU/KVM?  Read below ;-)

>  * Check, if local mirror works; I usually have a local mirror with me
> on expos.  If you have to show something to a visitor, you don't want
> him to wait till you finished download a dozent packages via slow
> conference lan ;)

I will directly go for a local (i.e. on the machine) mirror, with
external sources just to show them to users, either via cdn.debian.net
or the internal APT mirror resolver as per:

  <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/%3c20110310195547.GA24278%40localhost%3e>

> Some random ideas of for improvement of the above:
>
>   * Is there a way to automate setting up the babelbox?

There is at least a way to setup Debian on a VM:

  <http://blog.liw.fi/posts/vmdebootstrap-2>

The above should be actually easier with Lars' instructions for
virt-install at:

  <http://blog.liw.fi/posts/fboxlite/>

I guess we need to talk with the d-i people how to go beyond that till
BabelBox.

For the debian-boot@ people, can you comment on that replying to
debian-publicity@, please? M-F-T and R-T set accordingly ;-)

>   * Is there a way to enter the name of the conference and languages to
> be displayed for the presentation without having to edit it?
>   * Is there a way to include (random) comments from the users of out
> user list on the web?

debian-boot@ people, any clue on the two above as well?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca