Re: Needed input from Australian users and developers:; choosing timezones for Australia in D-I

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):
> Hello,
>
> I need some help from Australian people.

I finally settled for listing states. That seems to be the most
unnderstandable option (including for foreigners who happen to arrive
in AU).

This will also be consistent with some other countries where I intend
to do the same (done for Brazil for instance and I'm thinking about it
for federal countriel such as Argentina where last minute changes in
DST choices often tend to "create" more and more "timezones" (indeed
tzdata entries).

Listing states also has an advantage: I can reuse translations from
iso-codes (countries subdivisions are included in the package as
iso-3166-2).