Re: Needed input from Australian users and developers:; choosing timezones for Australia in D-I

Rick Thomas wrote:
> For what it's worth, the timezone database (as evidenced by, among
> other things, the output of the "tzselect" command) is organized
> mostly in terms of country/city rather than country/larger-
> geographical-area.

This is also largely misunderstood, as often two cities with different
entries in the database observe identical time zone rules today. In some
cases they only differed for a week a century ago. I would not consider
the TZ database or tzselect anything resembling a useful UI, although
it is an interesting exercise in completism.

--
see shy jo, still in his own timezone!