Re: Needed input from Australian users and developers:; choosing timezones for Australia in D-I

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> I'm just not fond of "Australia/Sydney" presented as a choice, I'd
> rather have "New South-Wales".

(Regardless of what you choose, FYI it's “New South Wales”, no hyphen.)

Why do you prefer that? Australia is highly urbanised; we're accustomed
to “Sydney” as a stand-in for “New South Wales”. Moreover, it's very
common for time zones around the world to be described by the dominant
city of the region (“Tokyo time”, “London time”, etc). What makes you
dislike it?

--
 \           “We have clumsy, sputtering, inefficient brains…. It is a |
  `\     *struggle* to be rational and objective, and failures are not |