Re: Needed input from Australian users and developers:; choosing timezones for Australia in D-I

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:54:05 +0100, Christian PERRIER writes:
>I currently propose to offer the following choices in D-I:
>
> Victoria, ACT, NSW, Tasmania (Eastern Time, DST)
> Queensland (Eastern Time, no DST)
> South Australia (Central Time, DST)
> Northern Territory (Central Time, no DST)
> Western Australia (Western Time)
> Central Western Standard Time (Eucla)
> Lord Howe Island
>
>Do you guys think this would be understandable to the average
>Australian?

that'll work fine.

>An alternative was:
> Eastern Time with DST
> Eastern Time without DST
> Central Time with DST
> Central Time without DST
> Western Time
> Central Western Standard Time
> Lord Howe Island

not so great, because these are very uncommon. for example, you never
hear "eastern time" being used on the radio; here (qld/nsw border) they
say "it's hh:mm, that's hh+1:mm in nsw" when we're in that fun period
of the year where there are two time zones within the reception area.

regards
az

--
+ Alexander Zangerl + DSA 42BD645D + (RSA 5B586291)
Anyway the :// part is an 'emoticon' representing a man with a strip