Re: Fwd: Igor Ljubuncic calls Debian squeeze "not good" at OS News

Miguel Figueiredo, le Fri 18 Mar 2011 08:25:21 +0000, a écrit :
> Ljubuncic's negative conclusion is mainly based on two facts:
> 2nd, the installation is not beginner-friendly, has too many options,

I really don't buy these. Unless he entered the expert mode, there are
really few configuration options, all of which are very simple. Yes, the
partitioning step is complex. That's what partitioning is about: you
don't want to let the computer make any mistake, so you'd better have
control over what it's doing. Yes, confirming three times what
partitioning layout you want does make sense. Three times is not that
much, when the rest of the installer is so simple.

> 1st, squeeze doesn't have non-free hardware drivers - which has been
> published, so is not unexpected; but it made him search the net for a
> solution during his installation

It notably mentions the lack of WPA support.

> and, worst of all, didn't change since Debian 5.

It also have a myriad of hyperboles.

It is also non-logical:

"not having a screenshot utility is NOT stability."
WTF?!

Samuel