Re: help with busybox packaging

14.02.2011 02:06, Cristian Greco wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> [CCing Bastian as he is actually listed as Uploader of the package]
>
> I'd like to help with the maintenance of busybox in Debian, e.g.
> packaging the latest 1.18.x release, dropping patches already merged
> upstream and help with general bug triaging.
> I think it would be great to start by pushing the packaging work to a
> repository, as it happens for most of the packages maintained by the
> debian-boot list.
>
> Please let me know if there are any objections and/or suggestions.

I asked about busybox several times, last [1] was in December after
I tried to sort out some old bugs which were in BTS for years.  I had
two questions: how to proceed further (giving some examples) and one
very small, is the work I'm doing (closing old bugs) okay.  So far,
I've got lots of silence, which apparently is supposed to be large
enough to deal with :(

At this point I think we should bring this to debian-devel@ at least,
since busybox is important package (especially for the installer) and,
according to BTS, it isn't maintained for many years.

I'm very interested to help or maintain it myself, -- I maintain local
copy for years already.

/mjt

[1] See <4CFF855F.1010308@msgid.tls.msk.ru> sent to this list at
Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:17:19 +0300.