Re: Debian GNU/kfreebsd Installation Guide: Installation from HDD

Kostya Berger, le Sun 13 Feb 2011 23:22:46 +0000, a écrit :
> and have found the most essential steps described there to be absolutely
> impossible to follow, but I've found the CORRECT way of doing the same thing.

I had made calls for fixes on debian-bsd, but very few people could help
to fix things (and they had little time available to spend on it).

> Where do I submit my corrections? Is it OK to send the brief summary to this
> mailing list? In addition to my blog, where I'm going to publish it anyway?
> This mailing list seems to be the only place among those mentioned at

Ideally, please send a patch against

svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/trunk/manual

(modify the en/ directory, don't necessarily care about the xml stuff,
I'll handle that). You can check the result yourself by going to build/
and running

./buildone.sh kfreebsd-i386 en pdf

for instance, and see the result in build.out/

If you could take the time to fix the whole manual, that'd be helpful :)
Basically, what needs fixing is at least:

- hardware support
- boot procedures
- configuring encrypted volumes
- supported partition options