Re: Preparation of fixes to 6.0.1

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 23:13 +0000, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > I have prepare some branches that has what I am intending to upload to
> > stable-proposed-updates. The modules I have changed are the following:

The below shouldn't be assumed to be an ack or nack for the particular
uploads at this point.

> > grub-installer

There doesn't appear to be a squeeze branch for this listed on gitweb;
for a stable update, the hurd fixes wouldn't be appropriate for
instance.

> > linux-kernel-di-sparc-2.6
>
> This should probably be uploaded once the update kernel for 6.0.1 is
> available?

Yes; or at least it will need rebuilding once a final(ish) kernel for
6.0.1 is in place; Dann's often uploaded lkdi-* nearer to the point
release to get it built against the kernel we're including.

> > tasksel

Would this include all of the changes between 2.88 and 2.89, or just
some subset?  As I think I've mentioned before, changes which might
affect what ends up on CD1 for any given CD set worry me, particularly
given the last minute problems we had for 6.0.0 with getting the release
notes on to the CDs and trying to get all of the packages required for
KDE CD1 to fit on a single CD for some architectures.

> > cdebconf
> > debootstrap
> > kernel-wedge
>
> Please include debian-installer as well, I've committed a patch
> targeting 6.0.1.

I'd imagine this would want to be uploaded closer to the point release,
or at least we'll need to rebuild it later on to pick up any further
builds of lkdi-* or other udebs.

Regards,

Adam