archdetect as a .deb

The Ubuntu ARM folks have asked me to look into providing archdetect as
a .deb, so that they can use it in some situations outside d-i as a
single common way to name the current subarchitecture.  This seems
reasonable enough to me, and since libdebian-installer is already
available as a .deb it wouldn't be very difficult to arrange.

The main issue is naming: since .udebs and .debs share a common
namespace, it can't just be archdetect.deb unless the .udeb is renamed
(which seems likely to be awkward?).  Does anyone have an idea what it
should be called?  "archdetect-deb" offends my sense of aesthetics ...

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]