Re: Little preseed questions

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:13:41AM +0200, MaTa wrote:
> Hello
>
> Please, I need some (little) help in some preseeds. I'm searching for this
> questions in documentation and I havn't found anything. Would you say if
> exist some preseed (or preseeds) to get:
>
>     a) Save the installationlog log (/var/log/syslog and partman files) in
> some location

The package that does this is save-logs; I think what you want is
save-logs/menu = mounted file system, and then save-logs/directory =
/target/root or something.

>     b) Change the default grub entry name "Debian GNU/Linux kernel <kernel
> number>" to a diferent string? (like d-i debian-installer/add-menu-opts
> string "Newpreseeded Debian")

I don't think this can be done; it's trivial to do in the late_command.

>     d) The preseed to add kernel parameters (d-i
> debian-installer/add-kernel-opts string ) is compatible with lilo?

Doesn't look like it.

>     e) The name of multipackages selections are?

That's tasksel/first; the actual set of options isn't static, unfortunately.
I don't like installing packages during the install, so I don't know how to
get the full list of tasks.

>     f) Don't start X-server (or the login manager gdm/kdm) automatically on
> boot system? (like "xserver-xorg xserver-xorg/enable-server boolean false")

Don't install a display manager.

- Matt