Re: [RFC] Listing USB devices in hardware-summary

On Thursday 18 June 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> lsusb shows more meaningful descriptions, derived from decoding the
> vendor and product IDs, but those would only be available by using a C
> program (i.e, we'd have to include lsusb in D-I).

Actually, it could be done in the script too by parsing
/target/var/lib/usbutils/usb.ids (if available), but IMO that's
complicating things unnecessarily.
If you really need to know what a device is when working on an
installation issue, you can always search that file manually.

Anyway, I've committed my script and related changes.