Re: [RFC] Listing USB devices in hardware-summary

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> > /proc/bus/usb/devices but your examples shows clearer things such as
> > "Hewlett Packard" when showing the output of /proc/bus/usb/devices.
>
> That is very much device-dependent. For my system it shows that for
> some "real" peripheral devices like my USB printer.

You're right, I was fooled by the fact that I tried mostly on
machines....that have no USB device, so listings were only showing the
controllers..:-)

> > I also wonder if it could be possible to get the equivalent of
> > "Product". There seem to be useful information there, isn't it?
>
> The product info is already included in the first line!

Missed that too, fooled by the fact that info shown by your script is
much more readable than the former info.

I really see no objection for your change.

While we're at it (but we might need to start a new thread), what
about the work you (nearly) completed about installation priority,
which you proposed around January/February and that was greatly
improving the expert mode?