Re: Spam cleaning for August 2004

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:59:43 +0200, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

>On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> Back in August 2004, a huge "storm" happened with someone's
>> autoresponder spamming the list with hundreds of messages, apparently
>> looping.

>If they are, maybe it would be best to contact the listmasters (Cord)
>directly about them. See if then can be removed without needing five
>people to nominate and three people to review them.
>Possibly they can filter them directly using either a filter rule or a
>list of message IDs.

You probably know this already, but...
The [1]thread begins on page 5 of the August list and extends to page 7.
It seems collected in a single chain. From the headers:

Please stop sending me emails

    * To: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
    * Subject: Please stop sending me emails
    * From: "Frank Carmickle" <frankiec@braille.uwo.ca>
    * Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:11:11 -0400

There is an apology/analysis from the software author at [2].  --Don

[1] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/08/msg02087.html>
[2] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/08/msg03083.html>