Re: Illustrated Guide to Installing Debian GNU/Linux

Il giorno sab, 30/05/2009 alle 18.22 +0200, Holger Levsen ha scritto:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Freitag, 29. Mai 2009, Eric Doviak wrote:
> [and the rest I removed]
> > > I'd suggest Eric puts this document under a proper licence (/me suggests
> > > GPL2+, just add another appendix add the bottom with the licence text...)
> > > and then hopefully everybody is happy to add/edit content :-)
> > Will do!
>
> Nice!
>
> Eric, to make the document easily (=so I can re-use existing code)
> translatable and to create PDF and HTML versions, you need to have a defined
> structure in the wiki. It's quite easy and I'm happy to help, so don't
> worry :)
>
> Look at the wiki source of these two pages, you will need to create similar
> ones:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/AllInOne
>
> I suggest you also look at and copy these pages:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Translations
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/CopyRight
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/AppendixA
> (All the pages names are arbituray as long as they are listed in the index and
> AllInOne pages, which have to have these names. Subpages are also possible.)
>
> So for your guide I'd suggest to use the following URLs:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/AllInOne
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/About
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/FirstSteps
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/InstallationProcess
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/Translations
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/CopyRight
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/AppendixA
> http://wiki.debian.org/LennyIllustratedInstall/$and_so_on...
>
> If you do this, the result will look similar to
> http://maintainer.skolelinux.org/debian-edu-doc/ and be available as .debs.
> Translations are done with .po files (and thus standard tools).
>
> If you have any further questions, please dont't hesitate to ask me! I'm happy
> to help :-)

This structure sounds good for me, but I don't understand how do you
think to manage the wiki pages working this way as it looks like you are
proposing to use po4a, XML and all other tools used in documentation
projects.

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.