Re: Installing Debian 5 Lenny 64bit from DVD - Problem

St. Joseph's College of Engineering and Technology:

>       I downloaded *DVD version of Debian 5 Linux 64bit (IA) from your site
> ( 2 ISO images)*, I tried to install it on my* Intel Core2 Duo* machine.

For an Intel Core2Duo you need an amd64 image, not ia64. The latter is
only for Itanium processors while amd64 refers to AMD's 64 bit
extensions which current Intel CPUs support as well.

J.
--
I enjoy shopping, eating, sex and doing jigsaw puzzles of idealised
landscapes.