Re: mmc-modules should be loaded by default on ARM Kirkwood

Hello,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2009-05-25 22:30]:
>> Do they accept different priority for the same udeb for different arches?
>
> The udeb name contains the name of the subarch, so it would be unique.
>
>> IMO the better solution is to load it using anna-install, either
>> during hw-detect or early in partman, based on a (sub)architecture
>> test.  hw-detect is probably the most logical choice.
>
> Hmm, that seems overengineered too.  How about I simply include the
> udeb in the netboot initrd for that particular subarch?

This works but I'd prefer to not bloat the initrd with non-required
modules. I'd more for hw-detect or partman as suggested by Frans.
Between both I think that hw-detect is the most logical place for it.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br