Re: Raising minimum CPU requirement for i386 kernel

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:
> - VIA C3 before Nehemiah and
> - National Semiconductor Geode (GXm, GXLV, GX1 and GX2).

That affects XO-1 hardware being manufactured now, and C3s are among
the viable CPUs for low cost, low dissipation "school server" style
hardware.

On the school server, I do my best to keep Debian a valid alternative
(though the builds are Fedora based) and with a bit of packaging help
most (all?) the XS specific packages could be in Debian.

On the XO side, Jonas is packaging sugar and there's a mini-CDD called
DebXO that seems to be quite active.

I understand supporting additional hw does mean sizable work. Thanks
for the fantastic work done so far. Please do consider not dropping
support.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@gmail.com
 martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect