Re: Raising minimum CPU requirement for i386 kernel

I demand that Bastian Blank may or may not have written...

> I would like to raise the minimum CPU requirement for the shipped Linux
> kernels in the i386 port to i686 (with cmov). For now I will not propose a
> change of the default machine type setting used by the compiler.

WRT squeeze, pre- or post-release?

(I have access to a 486 and a PMMX, as it happens. Both have lenny
installations, but see next to no usage.)

[snip]
> and the successors will be available for at least 10 years at the release
> of Squeeze.

As in "machines using (some of) those CPUs will be around for at least 10
years after squeeze is released"? Or did you mean "will have been available"?

--
| Darren Salt      | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

I've used Basic so long, my brain has gonesub permanently