Re: user-setup (1.24)

Hello Frans,

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 May 2009, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
>> > No, it's still broken. You're seriously underestimating the
>> > complexity here.
>>
>> I'd love to know what I missed, if you don't mind to explain.
>
> Try a grep for codename. It's a fairly basic check when doing something
> like this and should have made you alert.
>
> I'll give you a hint: installation from CD without use of a mirror. In
> that case mirror/codename never gets set. Not the most common use case,
> but very much a valid one for Lenny+1/2. That's exactly why I said you'd
> probably only notice the bug after release: you'd probably never think
> (or have time) to test that installation variant, although IMO it's
> one of the more essential test cases.

Yes, I've forgotten about this use case.. indeed.

> Suggest you do some research based on my hint. You'll learn something.
> You should look at least at cdrom-detect and apt-setup.

Will do, and thanks by making it clear.

>> Anyway an alternative patch is attached.
>
> That's not what I call KISS. Main problem is that in ~2 years time
> someone will have to untangle what exactly is legacy and what is not.

Yes, your version is easier to cleanup after squeeze goes out.

Please go ahead and commit it. I'll drop my local branch.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br