Re: user-setup (1.24)

On Wednesday 20 May 2009, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Christian,
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
wrote:
> > - another solution proposed by otavio that I haven't been able to
> > understand: he'll propose a patch soon
>
> I'm sending the attached patch for people to comment. My idea is that
> the lenny.sh script to be included in lenny-support udeb and then it
> is only included here for reference.

This is incredibly broken. Suggest you check a LOT better when and how
mirror/suite and related variables are set and used. You have missed at
least three issues here.

Also, the indentation of your lenny script is broken.

IMO Christians solution (get the version of the installed package and do a
simple dpkg --compare-versions) is a better implementation for this
issue. This seems over-engineered to me.