"Unneeded" packages being installed

(CC me on replies, please)

Hi!

Sorry if this "issue" was already discussed and if this is not a
problem, but when installing a basic Debian system (only the
minimal system, without selecting anything when tasksel appears), I see
that some packages are installed but don't see to be needed.
For example (Lenny install):

  libsasl2-2
  libgnutls26
  libgcrypt11
  libtasn1-3
  libgpg-error0

You can verify this by installing deborphan after the system install.
Are they needed by something?

Also, probably there is an answer for this, but why are these packages
also installed (and why are they necessary), please?

  aspell
  aspell-pt-br
  aspell-pt-pt
  dictionaries-common
  ibrazilian
  iportuguese
  ispell
  libaspell15
  wbrazilian
  wportuguese

It's a minimal Lenny install too, with Brazilian Portuguese language
selected.
For example, if I am going to use a machine just as a simple router
between two networks. I can't see why I need to have dictionaries
installed.

Sorry if the questions are stupid.
Thank you very much!

Best regards,