Re: Toshiba Satellite L300 nightmare

Thanks FJP

There is hope, then!!  (for the Satellite L300)

daka

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:17:05 +0100, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

On Wednesday 29 October 2008, daka wrote:
I have a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop which has been a nightmare for
the last month as it is NOT very Linux compatible. (Wifi Lan Card,
Sound Card).  I am hoiping that the new Lenny distro will have some of
these problems sorted out (drivers etc).  Can anyone advise me if they
know for sure that Lenny will function better.  I have considered
trying the 'experimental' Lenny to see if it is more compatible.

The best you can do is just try a "daily built" image from [1]. Most of
your issues are related to the kernel version and Lenny may well help
with that.

Calling Lenny "experimental" is not really correct. We are very close to
release and there will be very few changes before we do.
Even at other times the "testing" suite is considered suitable for daily
use - primairily for desktop/laptop systems - by users who are
comfortable with occasionally fixing package conflicts and dealing with
minor regressions.

If you would like some info on whether your hardware is supported, please
send us the output of the command 'lspci -nn'. You can run that during
the installation from a debug shell after switching to VT2.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/