Toshiba Satellite L300 nightmare

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop which has been a nightmare for the last month as it is NOT very Linux compatible. (Wifi Lan Card, Sound Card). I am hoiping that the new Lenny distro will have some of these problems sorted out (drivers etc). Can anyone advise me if they know for sure that Lenny will function better. I have considered trying the 'experimental' Lenny to see if it is more compatible.

Also, if I buy an external USB Wifi can anyone suggest a model that works well with Debian (out of the box... and reasonably cheap).
Thanks

daka