Re: non-free firmware, WEP/WPA, freeness and disk-order on reboot.

On Sunday 26 October 2008, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Would it be possible/sensible to add the disk drivers to the netboot
> and mini.iso image.

No, it would not. It would increase the size of the images by too much.
We've known about this issue for ages. We need to solve it, not work
around it.

What we can do is mention in the errata the advice to only insert the
media when prompted and remove it again immediately afterwards.

> At 5am, this seems to be an easy way to ensure that DI and regular
> systems enumerates disks in the same order (I understand that the main
> drawback is that disk images size would get increased, but I don't know
> the current limits).

It would not 100% guarantee the order anyway.