Re: Way of preseeding timezone is changed?

Quoting Durk Strooisma (durk@kern.nl):

> I tried to add:
>
> d-i localechooser/shortlist select other
> d-i localechooser/continentlist select Europe
> d-i localechooser/countrylist/Europe select NL
>
> but it (obviously?) didn't work.
>
> During a manual (expert) install it's perfectly possible to choose English
> with country Netherlands, so that it is possible to choose Europe/Amsterdam
> as timezone.
>
> Any ideas how to force the timezone using preseed?

It's likely that Frans Pop answers in the meantime...but just in case
he can't, I suggest you try preseeding:

d-i debian-installer/locale en_NL

Yes, I know that there is no such locale....but localechooser does a
lot of complex handling with these things and it should work (it's too
long since I didn't dig into these localechooser things so I can't be
100% sure right now).

This complex handling also explains why preseeding shortlist,
continentlist and countrylist/foo doesn't work as you were expecting.