Re: unblocking partman-multipath

Hi Otavio,
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 09:03:39AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:
>
> > * Otavio Salvador [Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:28:24 -0300]:

> >> Hello Guido,
> >
> >> Let's see if we can (I and you) produce a patch Parted's 1.8 branch
> >> using the fixes we made for 1.9.
> >
> >> I won't upload 1.9 for Debian now and if we do it fast, after Parted
> >> migrates to lenny, we might test it and try to get an
> >> exception. However until that is done, I wouldn't like to have unused
> >> udebs on lenny.
> >
> > Honest question: why? Does it have any negative impact?
>
> Well, if it is not useful for the user why put it in lenny? If someone
> needs to make a custom image with a compiled parted, he can grab that
> udeb and put together. I see no gains in have it on lenny.
I disagree here. The partman-multipath udeb works with lenny. Once we
make a new upload to unstable it will be "gone" and must be extracted
from SVN. We're giving people trying to run Debian on HA workloads a
hard time already by not caring much. We could try to ease these things
at least.
Cheers,
 -- Guido