Re: Plans for rc1

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> I know that Frans might disagree here (this is something where we
> never completely agreed as I'm somewhat more tolerant to minor
> completion issues) and I don't want to hide this. So, there will need
> to be a discussion/decision after the l10n update round about what
> languages we keep/add and what we don't keep.

I share your feelings that we should be more tolerant now with
sublevels.

I think we could do a call for translations beggining on next week. A
lot of nice things has been merged and we still need to decide about
supporting of preseeding of LVM installation on multiple disks.

> In my opinion, we can't release RC1 until at least September and we
> should inform the Release Team about this.

RC1, I agree. I'm pondering about releasing a beta3 with new changes
and without enforcing a translation completion limit to test those new
features. Depending how 2.6.26 goes those next days, it could be
considerated.

> PS: as some of you know, I'll be mostly unavailable until Aug 7th (you
> will even get this mail quite late as I need to find a connection
> point to send it). I hope that my contribution will still be valuable
> for other team members.

We always count on you.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R