List of last possible inclusions for Lenny

Hi!

I have dug my inbox and bits of the BTS in order to make a list of
remaining stuff that needs to be decided and done for Lenny.  I have
done this mostly offline and I might have overlooked some issues.
Additions welcome!

Here are various things that could be included in the installer for
Lenny:

 * Bugfixes on partman-md and automatic activation of MD devices
   (Jérémy Bobbio)

   Last patch: <20080606134805.GB15496@qamar>
               http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/06/msg00122.html
   Test image: http://people.debian.org/~lunar/d-i+md_love+raid6_10-mini.iso
               (with RAID10 and RAID6 support)

 * Automatic activation of LVM devices
   (Jérémy Bobbio)

   Last patch: <[🔎] 20080719231749.GD2482@qamar>
               http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg00759.html

   (Patch needs improvments.)

 * Preseeding for LVM-over-RAID
   (Jérémy Bobbio)

   See #484421.
   (Depends on automatic activation of MD devices.)

 * di-netboot-assistant
   (Franklin Piat)

   If the package is going to be released in Lenny.
   We have discussed of moving it in the d-i repository.
   Should be documented in the installation manual.
   See #489812

 * Support for localized text frontend
   (Samuel Thibault)

   See #479208.
   This would allow localized installations on braille displays.

 * Remaining support for Xen installations
   (Ian Campbell)

   - Bug #480054 against base-installer:
     [i386] Select appropriate kernel when installing in a virtualised (Xen)
     environment.

   - Output files for netboot-xen flavour

     Last patch: <[🔎] 1216934148.15303.6.camel@localhost.localdomain>
                 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg01046.html

 * Add WPA support in netcfg
   (Glenn Saberton)

   Last patch: <[🔎] 1216826924-11842-1-git-send-email-gsaberton@foomagic.org>
               http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg00956.html

 * Add atl2 support to kernel-wedge
   (Glenn Saberton)

   See #490354.  This would make d-i support for the EeePC complete.

 * Alignment of partman columns in the graphical installer
   (Jérémy Bobbio)

   Last patch: <[🔎] 20080706174050.GB9385@qamar>
               http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg00162.html
   Test image: http://people.debian.org/~lunar/g-i+partman-align-mini.iso

 * Support for terminal in the graphical installer
   (Jérémy Bobbio)

   Last patch: <[🔎] 20080720143417.GB6747@qamar>
               http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg00790.html
   Test image: http://people.debian.org/~lunar/g-i+terminal-mini.iso

 * RAID 6 and RAID 10 support
   (Ryan Niebur)

   Last patch: <[🔎] 20080724230335.GC9939@jade.home>
   Test image: http://people.debian.org/~lunar/d-i+md_love+raid6_10-mini.iso
               (with MD bugfixes and automatic activation)

 * Recipe for BIOS-based boot on gpt
   (Robert Millan)

   See #491376.

 * Make syslinux beeps
   (Samuel Thibault)

   Test image: http://brl.thefreecat.org/mini-beep.iso

 * Support of preseeding of LVM installation on multiple disks
   (Grégory Oestreicher)

   See #462396.

Other issues I have noticed that should, IMHO, be acted on:

  * Bug #486360: loop-aes root fs encryption unusable due to incomplete
                 initrd
  * Bug #487738: fails on ARM, maybe related to /dev/mtd
                 (worked around in partman, IIRC)
  * Bug #478591: cdebconf-entropy: Dialog texts and buttons
  * i386 pxelinux.cfg no-longer serial friendly!
    (See http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/07/msg00409.html)
    This is a regression and should at least be documented.

As I have written in an other mail, I think we should have an IRC
meeting pretty soon (Wednesday?) in order to make clear cuts on what
should be included and what is not (provided with necessary reviews,
improvements and avaibility for late bugfixes).

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism