Connecting a USB printer to NSLU2

Hi there,

I have nearly got my Debianslug to do exactly what I want it to do. There's only one small thing which I can't get working so far. I am not able to connect my Epson Stylus C66 printer to it via USB.

I have followed the usual instructions of installing such a printer by firstly installing CUPS, then installing the driver (gutenprint for my printer as advised by the webpage). The add printer menu on my local CUPS webinterface detects that I have a printer attached via USB and gutenprint allows me to select the new driver for it. After it is added, I can not print test pages or even print a simple text file eg. "lpr text.txt". Looking in CUPS jobs list, I can see the job was sent but it eventually says "stopped".

I had a look at this webpage which seems to require more to be done to add a USB printer. I haven't done this as I was confused as to whether it applied to me. Also, I could find a match of kernel version on the link it gives.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/DebianSlug/Printing

Would anyone know how to get a USB printer connected to debianslug and printing first of all?

Thanking you in advance.

Mark.