Re: [RFC] Add support for shells in the graphical installer

On Tuesday 22 July 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> If you want to have a look, I have updated the test image at:
>   http://people.debian.org/~lunar/g-i+terminal-mini.iso
>
> I am quite happy with the result. :)

Yes, much more natural IMO.

For the "goback confirmation dialog" I suggest changing the text to
something a bit more positive (avoid "kill"; mention of "terminal
process" is technical). Something like:
  "Resume installation
   Choose "Continue" to really exit the shell and resume the installation;
   any processes still running in the shell will be aborted."

> > Here is the problem. You seem to have added a dep from rescue-check
> > on di-utils-shell. As rescue mode depends on rescue-check, this
> > causes the "execute a shell" option to always appear _before_ rescue
> > mode. Dependencies overrule menu item numbers.
>
> Thanks for opening my eyes.  I have moved start-shell from
> di-utils-shell to plain di-utils and it did fix the issue.

Looks good now.

Cheers,
FJP