Re: RFC: Output files for netboot-xen flavour

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:19:17AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 11:05 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 08:42:33AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > +# install-installer: where to obtain the Debian Installer bits, by
> > > +#   default these are located under install-mirror. To use a nightly
> > > +#   snapshot: http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/
> > How do you check the integrity of this files?
> If the issue is pointing people to daily snapshots in this way I'll
> remove the example.

No, my issue with this is that it downloads things over unauthenticated
channels, is not able to proof their authenticity and uses them without
notice.

> Much better than my version. The only reason to use the lambda was that
> I was doing it for all the others and copied the pattern.

lambda was a candidate to be dropped from python 3. The same and more
can be done with real functions and much more readable.

> > | if xm_vars.env.get('install'):
> > |     pass
> What is this bit for?

There is a similar test below.

Anyway, xend is not the cleanest piece of python code out there.

Bastian

--
	"Beauty is transitory."
	"Beauty survives."