Re: Automatic activation of pre-existing RAID/LVM devices (was: RAID10 and RAID6)

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> I have quickly reviewed all bug reports against these two packages and
> no bugs seem to mention this issue.  Either the relevant installation
> reports were not sorted correctly or we can assume that it is a pretty
> minor issue and that our users did work around it themselves.

This is not about users complaining about it, but about internal
consistency. The locking infrastructure was added by David as part of
p-crypto and then also added for new LVM devices. I think I extended it
to be used for pre-existing LVM volumes (but I may be wrong).