Re: [patch] Add support for Kurobox Pro to Debian Installer

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 Frans Pop wrote:
> > 0004
> >    Adds jffs2 modules to armel-orion5x, needed by
> >    oldsys-preseed on Kurobox Pro, and to i386,
> >    to support OLPC XO (requested). [0]
>
> See how simple this is now?
> Looks good but please drop i386 as explained above.

I now see that there is an error in this patch after all. The modules are
being added in linux-_modules_-di-armel-2.6 while the dependency on
kernel-wedge is being updated for linux-_kernel_-di-armel-2.6...

As the modules are built as part of the standard Debian kernel image
packages (and not linux-modules-extra), they should be added in
linux-_kernel_-di-armel-2.6. The only question is: for which
subarchitectures? Only for orion5x or also for others?

Also, shouldn't the module be added not only for armel but also for arm?

If this is answered quickly I can commit the changes and the new modules
can be uploaded together with the general update to linux-2.6 2.6.25-7.

Cheers,
FJP