Re: does 'd-i pkgsel/include string' take aptitude appends?

On Sunday 13 July 2008 00:08, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 12 July 2008, Shachar Or wrote:
> > In the preseed file there's an option to specify a string of packages
> > to install via the 'd-i pkgsel/include string' line.
> >
> > Can this line take the same options that aptitude can take such as
> > appending /archive and =version to packages?
>
> No. That really is totally outside the scope of basic installation. If you
> want anything like this you will need to script it yourself.

What are the restraints? The size of d-i?

> Essentially, what's described in the installation guide is what it does.
> Nothing more.

So I guess it doesn't just pass this string to 'aptitude install <string>' but
why shouldn't it? Wouldn't that be awesome functionality for very little
coding?

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/