Re: [patch] JFFS2 support to kernel package in d-i

(No need to CC me, I read the list.)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008, Per Andersson wrote:
>> Attached patch adds support for jffs2-modules to d-i.
>
> No, sorry. This is not how this is done.

I have submitted patches to debian-boot this way earlier and
no one complained about it or told me to do otherwise.
Although I can agree that there should have been some
motivation for the patch.

I have never seen, nor has anyone ever told me about, any of
the four points you listed. If there are any other rules that I
should follow on this list that's not written down please tell
me. :)

Anyway, with the status of d-i support for KuroBox Pro, that
I am working on, oldsys-preseed won't read the original
firmware, so there is no reason for this patch anymore. :(

-- Per