Re: Installation on NSLU2 does not complete (initramfs nslu2 hook requires user interaction)

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2007-12-03 00:12]:
> > nslu2-utils is version 0.10+r71-13, but I don't see any changes to the
> > initramfs hook that should cause this problem. I am using a DFSG image
> > that does not contain the NPE-B firmware.
>
> I guess the best way this should be handled is to look whether the
> interface assigned to the ixp driver is actually in use.  I've no idea
> how to do this though, although I suspect it might be possible to do
> it using udev.

On my slug, which uses the internal ethernet, I see

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 12 15:14 /sys/class/net/eth0/device -> ../../../devices/platform/ixp4xx_mac.0/

So:

iface=$(ip route | grep '^default' | cut -d ' ' -f 5)
if ls -l /sys/class/net/$iface/device | grep -q ixp4xx_mac; then
	echo "firmware in use"
else
	echo "firmware not in use"
fi

Does this work on your slugs with and without the firmware? I have
an unreleased nslu2-utils in svn that adds this test.

--
see shy jo