Automatic processing of d-i byhand uploads

Hey *,

I spoke to Colin at debconf about getting automatic processing of d-i
byhand uploads happening -- rather than needing an ftpmaster to unpack
the installer-* stuff directly. The dak-side implementation is pretty
much done now, and works for tags uploads (filling out the "Tag:" fields
in Packages files) and will hopefully be working for debian-maintainers
keyring uploads soon.

To get it working for d-i uploads, I need a very reliable script that
will be invoked as:

 $SCRIPT debian-installer-images_20070308_mips.tar.gz 20070308 mips

where the .tar.gz is in the current directory. It should cope as
gracefully as possible with any possible problems with the tarball,
and dealing with the contents of the ftp site.

I thought Colin had given me a script like that that had been in use in
Ubuntu, but can't find any sign of it now.

Cheers,
aj