Re: Announcing "Debian-Installer Loader"

Thanks to the rapid response from Joey in fixing #408535, now graphic
installs are also supported.

I've added a screenshot here:

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 09:19:53PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> This is the announcement of "Debian-Installer Loader", a win32 loader for
> Debian Installer.
> Overall, the process is very simple (it's been inspired by a similar
> project with Ubuntu).  D-I-L runs on the users' win32 system,
> auto-detects wether the CPU supports 64-bits, picks the appropiate
> linux and initrd.gz images for netboot, and uses GRUB for DOS to
> chainload into it.
> This has a few interesting applications:
>   - Migrating to Debian on hardware without CD drive (or USB boot
>   capability).
>   - Migrating to Debian for users who have no idea how to burn an ISO
>   and/or how to configure their BIOS for CD boot.
>   - Migrating a system to Debian inmediately, at any time, wether
>   we have a boot CD at hand or not.
>   - Advocating Debian to Windows users.  Rather than give them a CD
>   (expensive), give them a piece of paper with an URL.
> Frontend site for Windows clients to visit is at:
>   http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
> Further details (screenshots, GPLed source code) at:
>   http://goodbye-microsoft.com/more.html
> Hope you like it,

Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.