ppp-udeb testers needed (custom image perpared)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have been working recently on an update to the ppp-udeb package (responsible
for configuring PPPoE networking in D-I and the target system).
I think I have finished fixing the last bad bits from the ppp-udeb package[*],
but currently I am unable to do a test on complete installation due to bug
#407702, but I am confident it should just work.
So I am asking if there are people interested in testing the image I have
prepared with the new ppp-udeb package. The image can be downloaded from:
(Security concerned people can check the signature and md5sums and go
on, if they trust me :-) )
How to test:
In order to test, just boot the image (no boot parameters are needed) and
try to do a basic installation via PPPoE.
What should be (/would be nice to be :-) ) checked:
- - in D-I environment
* bad/good login should be detected (good logins are silent)
* transitory problems when trying to do the inital connection (cable
unplugged or PPPoE server down) should be detected
- - in the installed system:
* target system boots fine with the PPPoE connection set up correctly
* hosts file and hostname are set correctly
* permissions are set correctly on the network configuration files and the
ppp configuration files (an output of "ls -lR /etc/ppp" in the target would be
* lo interface is configured correctly
Please respond as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.
[*] I did some tests myself but I can't test everything; my screen shots can
be found at
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----