Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

Agustin Martin wrote:
> I suppose this also means that all packages not having special
> pre-dependencies are configured at the end. Otherwise if all ispell dicts are
> configured and a reasonable default selected, if another dict is configured
> before the good option is unpacked, things will fail because postinst cannot
> set default ispell dict symlink. Same problem might appear with other shared
> questions.

The debconf manual documents how to use config scripts for shared
questions to ensure that only one is asked, which happens before any
packages are installed. I don't know if dict currently uses this method
although IIRC it used to.

--
see shy jo