Re: call for testers: powerpc graphical debian installer

shookie@email.de wrote:
Ok, tried that too.

had the radeon, nvidia and linux_input lines commented out in several combinations. It either turns into a black screen, or I get the following error message: (I can't copy it anywhere from the installer so I'm typing from screen, and only the error lines which seem to be relevant):
(!!!) ***UNIMPLEMENTED [fusion_reactor_set_lock] *** [../../../lib/fusion/reactor.c:853]
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Panning Display failed! -->Invalid argument
(!) [ 1435: 0.000] --> Caught signal 11 (at 0xf77bc000, invalid permissions) <-- Killed

I hope that helps.

It seems there is no way to run g-i on your machine, don't know if because the machine itself or because of the nvidia videocard, but i'll mark your case as failure to be able to keep track of this later. If you can put your hands on a Radeon board, it would be interesting testing if replacing the nvidia is enough to make g-i work: in this case we would know the issue was related to the nvidia chip.

Attilio