Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Issues with directfb input devices handling

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:48:12PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 30 September 2006 15:11, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Attilio, do we have those included in the directfb .udeb ? The best
> > would be to either add them, or create a new debug .udeb with these
> > tools.
>
> Not sure I'm in favor of bloating existing or creating new udebs for this
> purpose. There are other ways to do the same.

It would be temporary until we solve this, but a debug .udeb which we can load
in a second step would be most interesting.

Also, if we want to get this solved, we need have an easy way for users to
debug this issue, and "the other ways" you mentioned are not going to be very
helpful in this.

Some instruction like :

  1) boot with DEBIAN_FRONTEND=newt.
  2) run dfinfo
  3) run df_dok
  4) continue to save logs.
  5) send logs to us.

Is what is needed, and adding these tools to the generic images for a
temporary time, if not forever after, is very welcome.

How big are those tools anyway ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther