Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

On Thursday 08 June 2006 08:03, Dave Beckett wrote:
> to include a libcairo2-directfb-udeb-dev package

Hmm. There seems to be some misunderstanding here:
- the -dev package is needed when _building_ other udebs that use the
  libcairo-directfb libs
- so, the -dev package isn't a udeb and will never be used in the
  installer itself, so it should not have a .udeb extention
- it could in theory be used for other purposes than the installer

I think that also means that we are still missing one other package as
AFAIK a -dev package normally depends on a corresponding regular library
package. That would mean a package: libcairo2-directfb_1.1.6-1_i386.deb

So, we'd have:
- libcairo2_1.1.6-1_i386.deb
- libcairo2-dev_1.1.6-1_i386.deb

- libcairo2-directfb_1.1.6-1_i386.deb
- libcairo2-directfb-dev_1.1.6-1_i386.deb
- libcairo2-directfb-udeb_1.1.6-1_i386.udeb

- libcairo2-doc_1.1.6-1_all.deb

The "regular" and "-directfb" lib and -dev packages would need to be
co-installable on a regular Debian system.

Sorry if we did not make this clear enough.

Cheers,
FJP

(Anybody please correct me if any of this is incorrect!)